Thursday, August 3, 2017

That's not Fair! Thank Goodness!

"That's not Fair!"  Is a comment that used to be mostly relegated to kids under 15 or so years of age.

Now, it is common across the age span in the USA.

That's not Fair! Is applied to:
  • Taxes
  • White male privilege
  • Airlines doing many things
  • Police doing many things.

Whereas I will not argue the "fairness" of any of these issues, I do want to say that I am very HAPPY that many things are UNFAIR!!  Yes!  I do NOT want fairness for most of my life events, I want GRACE and MERCY!!

Many of the things I enjoy about life, are really unfair.  I was born in the USA where my opportunities were almost unlimited.  I was born into a stable, Christian home, where my parents loved each other and each of their 5 surviving boys.  I grew up in a small town which did NOT have legal alcohol sales- reducing my temptation.  I grew up without cable t.v., cell phones, the www, and all the associated bills. I was awarded a "free" education at USNA, which meant I never had serious debt until I bought a house. I met my wonderful wife at the local library and we married 12 days after I graduated from the USNA.  I could go on and on.

More importantly, I came to understand the TRUTH of the Gospel of Jesus Christ at an early age.  I understood then, and even better now, that I had a clear chance to hear the Good News in a culture that welcomed it.  I was UNfairly forgiven of the sins I had deliberately committed- how unfair!  I got to grow in my faith as a Follower of Jesus the Christ from my youth upwards, and have worshiped in many solid Christian Churches.

Yes, life has been UNfair to me- Thanks be to G^d!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment