Monday, August 14, 2017

THANKS be to G^d!!

A couple of months back, G^d BLESSED Brenda and I in an amazing way.  Our LAST week in Virginia was a killer.  On Monday we loaded a 6x12 foot UHaul trailer, and THEN drove 11 hours to our home in Alabama.  We unloaded Tuesday morning, and loaded up the furniture that we had replace to give it to our son Daniel and his family.

Wednesday we got up early and left to drive up to Huntsville, to Daniel's house.  Once we found it, we unloaded and spent a little time with Daniel, Shannon and Evie and Peter.  We then drove from Huntsville all the way to Bedford, VA where we spent the night.  Thursday morning, it was pouring rain, and we had to load up our last bit of stuff over at Legacy Oaks.  But, by the time we got to Legacy, it had stopped raining.  We loaded up another FULL trailer load by ourselves.  Brenda swept the garage, and we were ready to meet the buyer for his walk-through.

Friday AM, we closed on the sale of our wonderful Lynchburg home, and that went swift and well. Friday Afternoon I had to be at Liberty's Parents' reception, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  The fact that I ate 5 free ice creams made it even better. Later that evening, at the worship service I sat next to an organic Chemistry Prof, who was German and seemed a highly committed Christian.

Saturday Dr. Andy B and I got up VERY early to be at Liberty by a bit after 0600. President Trump would be speaking, and everyone predicted a zoo with regard to traffic and parking. It was nice and quiet when we arrived, and graduation went well.  At 3:30 that afternoon, we had our individual college graduation. Unexpectedly I was invited to the stage to give out two awards to two of my favorite grad students. I was thrilled.

As soon as graduation was over, Brenda and I picked up the truck and headed south!  We over-nighted in Bristol, VA.  We made it home a bit before 4 PM.  We got the truck quickly unloaded, with a little help from Daniel P.

I had feared so much and yet it had all gone soooo smoothly. We end up fearing so much and we also so often fail to fear G^d.  We get Scripture exactly backwards-- or at least I do.

Thanks be to G^d that he preserves us, and thanks be to G^d for His mercy and grace.

THANKS be to G^d!!

1 comment: