Thursday, August 24, 2017

Whew- What a year!

I am writing this in late May, 2017.  Brenda and I have been reflecting back a bit in what G^d has done, seemingly in a whirlwind, since last January 2016.  Since that time the following events ahve occurred:

In Jan 2016, we sold our Bellwood home of 31 years,

In Feb, we bought a new garden home,

In April, I filed retirement and we closed on our Bellwood Home,

In April we moved from a 2600+ sq foot house to a 1400 sq Ft house,

At the end of April I interviewed at Liberty U,

In May I officially retired  (28 May) and took a Professor slot at Liberty U (30 May),

In May we bought a town home in Lynchburg, VA,

In June we closed on the Lynchburg home and in July, we moved most of our stuff.

At the end of July we went on a mission trip to Taiwan, and then visited our son and his family in Japan,

In August, straight from the trip to Japan we drove directly to Lynchburg where I started the new gig,

In Jan 2017, I (Phil) attended CRU Fac Commons Winter Staff Conference in Dallas,

In Feb., I Spoke at  Fac Commons Common Call Conference in Orlando,

In Feb we listed and sold our Lynchburg garden home,

In May we closed on our Lynchburg home, and moved back to AL, as I Blogged about earlier.

Whew!

Thanks be to G^d that we survived!


No comments:

Post a Comment