Thursday, December 7, 2017

On the Road Again

By the time you read this, I will have been to, and returned from, a business trip in Washington DC.  The last time I was here was last June, when I ran into that family from our church.

I am not sure why, but I am not thrilled to be making this trip.  It pays well, and it is challenging, but it is also stressful. My flight will be at 1018 Monday, which means I have to be at the airport a bit early to avoid the morning rush hour.

I will stay in the same hotel as last trip, and my two meetings will be in places I have previously worked. My job will be about one-third as long. It will be stressful anyway, but it is part of the job.

This particular job has been much more stressful than most. It is a contentious job, and my colleague on the other side has been difficult. But it pays well.

I have solicited prayer.  I am praying that G^d will use me to be salt and light for Him. And, that is always true- whether working or vacationing.  L^rd keep us in the center of your will, and use us for Your kingdom.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment