Thursday, December 14, 2017

The Oddities of Bloggitying

I started this blog back in Feb. of 2012, when Brenda and I moved to Ostersund, Sweden to live for a semester.  We decided I should write about the events around us, chiefly so we could be reminded of our experiences- hence the name of the blog and the url.

This particular blog allows me to see how many folks have visited the blog each day, and offers a graphic of from where it was viewed.  This is interesting.

I am writing because the viewership has fallen of late.  Back a month ago, over 30 views a day was common giving monthly views of over 1000. The viewers were mostly from USA, but included China, Western Europe including Sweden, Mongolia and Russia, with occasional views from South America. We have friends all those places, and more, so this was not that strange, except maybe for Russia.

On some strange days the viewership would spike up over 100.  Strange. And those spikes have now stopped.

It is amazing how I lose sight of the prize.  I write for us to remember, so why does it matter how many folks view the blog daily.  Rationally it doesn't matter, egotistically it does.

So, if you are a regular reader, thanks muchly.  I appreciate you, and your occasional comments.  Pls be patient.

But I am amazed at how I become competitive with myself.  Why?  What's the point?  There is NO reason, yet I do it again and again.

Thanks be to G^d for His grace and mercy.

1 comment:

  1. Phil, I have looked at similar stats with my blog and I have to remember who am I blogging? Me, my audience or the Glory of God.

    ReplyDelete