Thursday, October 25, 2018

Not the Crimson Tide, but the RED tide!

We arrived in Panama City Beach on Monday, 17 August. When we checked in at Laguna Beach, our friend Jeremy told us that the red tide was over.  I thanked him, but at the moment failed to realize how MUCH I should have thanked G^d that it was over.


Yep, those are dead fish and a bunch of dead eels from maybe 10 feet of beach!  I had NO idea that there were SO many eels in the Gulf. They littered the shore. That wasn't the worst part. I can't do this part justice, but take a look.
Yes, the shore was littered too, with puncture hazards!  These teeth were not the worst hazard. I am not sure how many vertebrae fish and eels have, but I do know they make little "thumbtacks" pointed mostly upwards. The first day, these things impaled me at least three times.

BUT, the tide was over, and every succeeding day the beach cleaned itself more and more. And, even with the eels, hey it's still one of the most beautiful beaches in the entire world!  What a Blessing!  Thanks be to G^D!

No comments:

Post a Comment