Thursday, October 18, 2018

Three Weeks at the End of Summer

Whew!  I got in last night a bit before midnight--a late night for an old guy!

Brenda and I have just completed a 3-week marathon. It was joyful, but tiring.  We started out with a week alone at LBCR, Panama City Beach, FL. Doesn't sound too tough, eh?  True enough, but on Sunday we moved from our efficiency into the "Big House" with about 12-14-18 other folk.

That was for a 6-day-long Wellness Week. It was a blast. Once a day I gave one talk on some aspect of Wellness- relational, Emotional, Physical, Spiritual; and each day I gave a talk on the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot).  This was the first time I had ever spoken on EITHER of these topics, so I had to plan the talks, adapt them to the other speaker, and then give them. Add that to daily runs, very long walks that Brenda and I took on the beach, and we were BOTH pretty tired.

I gave a summary devotional Sunday AM, and Brenda and I drove home to Northport. We got in Sunday afternoon and about 24 hours later I left for BHM airport, where I flew to ATL, and then to MSP- Minneapolis-St. Paul. At 0700, one of our Cru friends picked me up at the hotel and we started 6 FULL days of ministry... but that will be another post next week.

Here are a few photos from the Wellness Week.






No comments:

Post a Comment