Thursday, March 7, 2019

Ministry Highlights OK

We arrive in Stillwater, OK, the home of Oklahoma State University, on Monday afternoon, in order to speak to their Christian Faculty group at lunch on Tuesday. The topic will be, Ministering Internationally. The talk goes remarkably well.

O the way, we got to meet with one of my former Ph.D. students who works at U of OK. He was telling me about his impact for Christ with two of his students, plus we got to catch up on his life and times. His wife, who he met at UA as a Ph.D. student came with him and Brenda and Tif had a nice conversation.

Tuesday Afternoon, I give a two-hour workshop on How to get Tenure and Promotion.


Wednesday at lunch Christian Faculty group at lunch on Tuesday. The topic will be, Ministering Internationally.  Wednesday early evening I meet with the Faculty Leadership team for the Christian Faculty group.  We talk about.

By Wed. evening, I am getting tired, and the bad cold I have has almost stolen my voice. But we have 1000+ miles to drive to the Christian Faculty Conference in Greenville, SC. We planned to leave Stillwater Thurs at 8 AM. At about 6 AM I look out the hotel window to see about half inch of ice covering everything. The forecast is a high that day of 22 F!  It doesn't look good, but non need to despair, G^d controls the weather.

I'll describe in the next blog how we escaped the ice, but now I want to talk about ministry. The people I met in Stillwater were terrific. The time was well spent, and this was simply the first stop in this missionary journey.

The highlight, for me, of our time in Greenville were the Graduate students we met and worked with there. The Grad students of today

G^d is good.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment