Thursday, March 21, 2019

Moving Fun!!

Brenda and I have been moving to the new house for some time now.  And, just in case you might have forgotten, it's NOOOOO fun!  This is our fourth move in 3 years. In April 2016 we moved out of the big old house. In July we moved to Lynchburg, VA and in May of 2017, we moved from Lynchburg back to AL.

The good thing about the VA move was that we weren't well compensated by the Uni., so we only moved an 8x12 U-Haul worth of stuff up, and two U-Haul loads moving back. The latest move, within Northport wasn't quite that simple.

First we had to remodel the new place--another post will talk about that. Then we had to clean up from all the remodeling. Then we started moving little stuff ourselves--with the help of some friends.
Like so many times before, I wish I had kept records of the move. I wish I knew how many pick-up loads of stuff. I am guessing about 18-20. On Monday the movers come to haul the few pieces that were too much for us: The big bookcase, the oak sideboard, the armoire, the big dresser, the white sofa (it's white) and my mom's old china cabinet.  Whew!

Meanwhile, the new house is stacked with boxes everywhere.  Remember?  No, don't do that, which is why I have made no photos of this move. Some things are best forgotten--in case you have to do them again.

But, we both are saying that this is our LAST move. The next move will be to the BIG house-- Thank you L^rd-- and that doesn't require hauling any stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment