Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Body Fatness

 In writing about fatness, I am thinking I may well be blogging on the LEAST popular topic in modern culture. But, having just got off a cruise (organized gluttony), it is on my mind.

We, not that long past, surpassed Mexico as the fattest country in the world! Wow, what a distinction!

And, shortly after boarding the cruise I realized our position is NOT in jeopardy! For reasons, some obvious, others perhaps not so much, our cruise attracted some BIG folks. I have no way (or weigh) of knowing, but I suspect our average fatness of our cruise population substantially exceeds even the USA average.  This could be connected to the abundance of tasty food available.

My doctoral advisor was an expert on body composition, and I became knowledgeable through him. But, it doesn't take expertise in body composition to recognize morbid obesity. And there was no shortage. The tendency of people on cruises to wear shorts and bathing suits didn't help either.

I am not writing this to make anyone feel bad. However if you are overweight, I do NOT recommend taking a cruise. Also, it is very bad for your health. 

Let me take this opportunity to remind us all of how to lose fatness:

1) Try a common, popular diet: fasting, South Beach, Keto, etc.

2) Decide if it is: practical, doable, workable, tolerable for you.

3) If "yes", keep at it, if "NO", try another one. There are PLENTY to try.

4) No dietary restriction works for everyone, but each of them works for someone. How do you know if it works for you? Only way to knw is to try.

Experiment!

No comments:

Post a Comment