Sunday, July 10, 2022

Patience

I have never been a patient person. In the USNA, things were required to move very quickly, and that suited me fine. I got a lot done during my academic career, and lack of patience worked in that direction.

A month or so ago, we started playing WORDLE. Lack of patience in WORDLE can hurt you. I am in such a hurry that I sometimes submit words I should know won’t work. I rush. I have rushed. But in WORDLE it can hurt you to rush. Slow down. Don’t press “Enter” until you’re sure the word could work.

Yes, rushing has given me a lot, but taken away some things. I am now retired, and not required to accomplish so much so rapidly, so the need to rush is generally much less. So, let’s just slow down and not rush.

Let’s not push “Enter” too quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment