Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Great Time In Guatemala--via Zoom

 One of the GREAT joys of our ministry are the terrific opportunities that come our way. What would you think if someone contacted you and asked, "Would you like to make a Gospel presentation to a University class in Guatemala City, Guatemala?"

     "Would I?" Absolutely!     I (Phil) jumped on the opportunity to speak to a class on Translating to English, on Saturday morning via Zoom. The professor who teaches two sections of this class is a Christian. She contacted my great friend in Guatemala City, Cristobal (Athletes in Action Staff who has been organizing with his wife, a Professor, a Faculty Ministry there).  Cristobal sent out an invitation and two of us responded.     I had 40 minutes for my talk and translation. I spoke on "Why Logic won't let me (a scientist) be an Atheist". The professor had translated for me several times before, and it was a joy to work with her. A dozen students were tuned in throughout the talk and had some nice comments and questions afterward. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the students seemed to enjoy our time also. Afterwards I endeavored to pave the way for future collaboration. here is a meme that summarizes my talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment