Friday, August 5, 2022

Stranded

Iceland volcanos are erupting again. This reminds me of April 2010 when I spent some time in Aswan, Egypt teaching some newly graduated Coptic MDs. We finished our mission and had some time in Cairo. The volcanic eruption shut down Atlantic air travel in one of the all-time greatest disruptions of travel.

I immediately contacted the travel agency that had arranged my Egypt travel, the agency recommended by my colleagues at the Christian doctors group with whom I was traveling. They weren't reluctant to tell me that they were closed on weekends, and the emergency wasn't changing anything for them.

I was scheduled to speak in SW Missouri and needed to get back to the USA. But I was stranded.  And you might recall, I had been previously stranded by the 9-11 terrorists attacks in 2001. I had also been stranded by a Hurricane on a trip to Merida, Mexico. So being stranded was not a new concept.

I got online myself and got myself rebooked through Tel Aviv, Israel. I think I had to do an over-night, and sit in the airport a while, but at least I would make it. And...I wouldn't be interrupting any travel agents' weekend plans.

Thank you L^rd for your rescue. I made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment