Monday, May 21, 2018

A Challenge for My Atheist Friends

A while back  I was  thinking about the issue of arguing about Darwinianism- should we even DISCUSS evolution with non-Believing academics?  I was thinking of quitting discussing, but on further review, I have continued.

KEY point:  If tomorrow, somehow Darwinian Evolution were "proven" to be true, I would be shocked as a statistician, but my FAITH would not be really impacted, since this is more a science issue than a theological one.  G^d used evolution, I am shocked, but so what.  Scripture is clear as to WHO, but vague as to exactly HOW.

ON THE OTHER HAND... if Darwinism is proven WRONG (and these is ample evidence to this conclusion), my atheist friends MUST come up quickly with an alternative explanation.  That will be a challenging task!

This is a kind of powerful variation on Pascal's wager.  As  Chesterton once observed, "It is absurd for the Evolutionist to complain that it is unthinkable for an admittedly unthinkable God to make everything out of nothing, and then pretend that it is more thinkable that nothing should turn itself into everything.”                                        

So, what's your response to this challenge?

1 comment:

  1. I read a few years back that with the "discovery" of DNA it was proven that evolution was, in fact, false. Have you read this?

    ReplyDelete