Monday, May 28, 2018

This body is Failing me!

There is NO doubt, I am aging, and it seems at an increasingly faster rate. I note, with a grimace, that I am in the worst physical condition of my adult life. As a youth, I had sports to keep me fit, which served me well, and that continued until I severely curtailed my running competition in the mid-90's.

After that I continued working out, mostly running, but beginning in 1996 by lifting weights 3x per week to preserve the small amount of muscle my slow-twitch body possessed.  Since retirement it has become MUCH more difficult. Since January, Brenda and I have been on the road a lot, which means a lot of missed workouts. About a month ago I got a case of arthritis in my right foot, which cleared up very quickly, so I ran only one week after the initial attack.

Bad idea!

It was too quick and it came back with a vengeance. Tomorrow (mid April) I will try running again, hopefully with a better outcome.

Getting old is not fun, but as many point out, is better than dying young. But I do know, that one of these days, my time will come to leave this old world. Many of my college classmates have left it already, and now more frequently than ever I get those notices in emails.

But, as my body fails me, the thoughts of "moving to the Big House", have increasing appeal. I think G^d gave us obvious signs of aging, as a gentle hint. No one, lives as a mortal, forever.

It is extremely reassuring to know where my soul will rest! I don't need to fear death, by any means!

Come quickly L^rd!

No comments:

Post a Comment