Monday, May 6, 2019

When you know you're Leaving a Place

I recently had lunch with a young Christian Prof who has accepted a job at another university, but will continue at his present university for the next year. Unsolicited he offered this, "When you know you're Leaving a place, you see things differently. Things that used to bother me are no longer important."

WOW, What a great perspective!  I have written about this before, but I wear a bracelet that used to say "Guest".  I wear it to try ot remind me of the Prof's observation.  ALL of us, regardless or our spiritual position, are leaving this place, and it will be "very soon, very soon". And our attitude ought to be, "things that used to bother me, are no longer important."

Indeed. We are MOSTLY bothered by things that will be totally immaterial in a few years. We are leaving this place, so don't put so much effort into thing that aren't important.

Now, I just need to keep reminding myself of that fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment