Thursday, May 28, 2020

Beauty From Ashes

In the middle of last summer, I was headed down the street. At the last stop sign, I looked to my right and beheld a PILE, a big one, of some sort of flowers leaves, with the bulbs attached.

Brenda and I had just expanded our front lawn flower bed to accommodate some day-lilies to add to the beautiful ones already there. We could add these bulbs--whatever they were--to our bed. And, the PRICE was RIGHT!

Well, I stored the bulbs for the winter, and early this spring, I planted the bulbs. They came up quickly--a bit too quickly. Many of them were nipped by the late frosts we had. So, I had no idea what they were or what the frost damage would do.

That is what they were--gladiolas. As you can see, they are pink with a beautiful halo right in the center. We have more coming. The bed won't be full--this year. But who knows what next year might bring.

So these discarded bulbs--one man's trash--became our treasure.

Thank you L^rd that you create such beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment