Monday, May 18, 2020

Corona Positive!

No, not that kind of positive. I mean POSITIVE aspects of COVID-19, not testing positive.

What positive? you ask.

Well, how long has it been since you saw gas prices this low?  That's a positive.

Have you noticed the lack of traffic-comparatively?

How about lawn care. I am betting that our yards are looking better than they have in years and years.

We have more time to: talk, think, meditate, read, pray...

We are discovering NEW ways to meet even from long distances, to worship together whilst apart, to pray together, to "do life" while not physically gathering.

I JUST saw a headline that said for the FIRST time since 1957, Miami went 6 weeks w NO known homicides!

You can wear whatever you want to: Church, shopping online, meetings, etc.

Amazon, building supply stores, Walmart, and some other businesses are really making money.  Too, companies making toilet paper must be really raking in money!

IF we pay attention, we can recognize that many of the things we take for granted--running into friends, seeing folks on occasion, casual unplanned chats--these are blessings I took for granted.  No more.

Wearing masks how now become widely acceptable--remember Wesley's quote about masks in the movie, Princess Bride?

You will likely think of some more positives. Please post them as comments.  I appreciate it.

3 comments:

  1. Positive: Catching up on painting projects. Finally decorating the back patio. Did three months worth of blog posts. Started reading (slowly because he makes you think and forces you to reread the passage) "Surprised By Joy" by C.S. Lewis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear these Neil. Keep at it. I Miss unscheduled chatting with you. Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a blessing having Anna Kate home for a month. We cooked so much! I was more than ever thankful for David and our home and even our pets. It also has taught me how much I enjoy church! I've been able to write more on the book I'm working on, too.

    ReplyDelete