Thursday, May 14, 2020

Torqued Pelvis??

Ever heard of a torqued pelvis?  Neither had I until about 2 weeks ago. I have been suffering about 3 or 4 weeks with terrible hip pain that previously would get bad enough to shoot down my leg and cause a sensation in my foot too. I was telling my son-in-law Ben about it, and he said, "hey I had something with those symptoms a few years ago--called a torqued pelvis."

At last I had a diagnosis and I was so happy that the WWW description described my situation completely. It is due to a twist in your pelvis, which is pretty rigid, but not totally. Regardless, let me tell you that it hurts!

As is my norm, I have NOT been to see a physician. After Ben told me about it, I looked it up, then self-diagnosed, then started my own version of physical therapy.  Now, over 3 weeks into it, it still hurts, but not as often or as much. I can sleep better now.

Now, understand, most WWW medical diagnoses are WRONG. With that in mind, I still trust my diagnosis and treatment plan.

If you have severe hip pain, with some occasional numbness in the foot of the involved leg--you too may have a torqued pelvis.

So, now you know!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I had similar pain from a herniated disc. Aquatic physical therapy got me out of the wheelchair and relieved much of the pain, but it still flares up from time to time.

    ReplyDelete