Monday, May 4, 2020

Another day closer to heaven…

I am one of the most time-conscious people you know. I figured out how to walk to every place on campus with minimal steps. I lecture about managing time. I try NEVER to waste time, and spend very little time watching tv.

I am highly aware of the passage of time, and every day that passes registers with me. At the end of many days I am a bit saddened by the passing of time. And, as most readers have experienced, time goes by more rapidly with age.

But I realized the other day, a new perspective on the passage of time.

I finally recognized that with every passing day I get a little closer to the prize--the high call of Jesus the Christ to join Him in Heaven.
13 Brethren, I count not myself yet to have laid hold: but one thing I do, forgetting the things which are behind, and stretching forward to the things which are before,I press on toward the goal unto the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. Phil 3:13-14

Yep, those of us who follow the Christ can look forward to the passage of another day!


1 comment: