Monday, August 10, 2020

Lost and Found

Two months ago, maybe a bit more, Andrew and I were working with a friend and his stepdad at his new dock. We were helping frame the deck of the dock when the stepdad dropped his metal speedsquare into the lake. We searched around immediately to no avail. It was a bit sad, for the man who lost the square is a professional carpenter and he used it often and had owned it a long time.

In the last month or so, the weather and water have warmed and there has been a lot of swimming. Several times we have dove under the dock to try to find the speedsquare. We knew what the square meant to its owner.

Tonight Andrew and I were down at the dock. I decided to take a new approach. I used the metal life-saving hook to probe the waters where we remember the square going in. In just a short while, maybe 5 minutes or less, I felt something that felt metallic near the middle post, not far from where it had been lost. At first i thought, nah, everyone has searched this area, it must be the pole rattling. But when I touched it a second time, I suggested that I hold my spot and Andrew dive down and see what I was hitting.

Well, Andrew dove down and:

This picture our friend sent to his stepdad. Andrew and I really like this guy and we were thrilled to find his lost tool. I mean really, it was the highlight of an enjoyable visit.

How joyous must G^d be when a lost soul finds its way home into relationship with him and ultimately fellowship in heaven! 

Lk 15:24 "'For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.’ And they began to celebrate."

I can't imagine, but I did get a small, small taste of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment