Thursday, December 5, 2013

African? Thanksgiving?

It is Thanksgiving day... in Africa!







Our pastor, Norman, and his wife, Gabi, invite us, the STINT team and our good friends, Ester, Bob, and Isaac over for a traditional American Thanksgiving meal.  thier Daughter is a US citizen in OH, and she introduced them to the holiday which they eagerly embraced.

I am called on to pray, so I begin with a famous Jewish prayer that says, "Blessed be the L^rd G^d, King of the Universe, who created us, sustains us, and brought us to this day."

We enjoy a wonderful Thanksgiving meal complete w turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce and pumkin pie.  Wow!

Afterwards we sit around recounting the things for which we are thankful.

I give a very short version to my arrival here 2 weeks before Brenda.  I share how much I am thankful that G^d gave me such a wonderful wife, and what a Blessing she is to me and to so many.

We all have a great deal for which to be thankful, and Brenda is at the top of what is a very long list. I am also thankful to you my friends, scattered around the world.

Thanks be to G^d indeed!!


No comments:

Post a Comment