Friday, October 17, 2014

Ole Miss Football Road Trip>> Snacks

I mentioned last post that there was NO shortage of food and snacks for the football team or for us groupies.  There was a snack available when we boarded the plane, there were snacks after the evening meeting, and there were snacks for "early risers" on Saturday morning.  I had  one Gatorade in my airplane snack and picked up another one just before we left dinner Saturday night.

Saturday morning I picked up one to drink on the bus so I'd be hydrated on the sidelines before the game.

I asked the team nutritionist about the snacks and she explained that she was going for "salty" snacks to maximize hydration and stave off cramping.  These guys seem to really like rice-krispy treats, which suit me fine as I think I ate two or three on the trip and wound up with three in my bag when I got home.

Here's the small stash that I brought back.

They had a lot of calories because they burn a lot of calories.  A few of these guys, offensive linemen, may be a few pounds too fat, but most of them are lean.

They can snack a lot without getting fat, because they burn a lot of calories.  It turns out that having a lot of muscle, burns more calories even when we are sleeping.  Reminds me of Scripture,
"29 For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance; but from him that hath not, shall be taken away even that which he hath."  Matt 25:29.

As we exercise our spiritual muscles, we grow them and are able to exercise even more, and eat more.

Get out there and exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment