Monday, October 27, 2014

The world of D-1 Football: Defense

While on the road with the UA football team, I had the chance to attend the Defensive Squad meeting the night before the game.  The meeting is held to about an hour, and there is no time that is not engaged.

Through the whole hour I understood less than 10% of what was said.  Had it been in French I would have done about as well.

You think I exaggerate?  Interpret these comments for me:
  • Silver pistol
  • Odd hail
  • Chop
  • 47 socket
  • Big Moke
  • Hip Diamond stick
  • 40 red 7 special
  • dagger pop fox
  • odd coin
  • big nickel
  • free bench chop
  • key zone sky
  • ringo
  • 17 fire zone
See what I mean?

I suppose if someone came in to an Exercise Physiology conference, they might be equally confused. I am unsure.

That's why it amazes me so much the simplicity of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It's so simple, yet so profound.  So simple, so vital.

Believe on the L^rd Jesus Christ and you will be saved.  Simple in any language.

No comments:

Post a Comment