Monday, February 6, 2017

Creation vs. the Super Bowl



One of my friends, Alina, posted on FaceBook that she would NOT be watching the Super Bowl, but instead would take her children out into nature.  I was thinking about the wisdom she shared and had some thoughts I wanted to share. 

I hope all of you with children under 15, will teach your children the names of the trees, the wild things that are safe and good to eat (smilax is my favorite and it is abundant), the Latin names for the animals, and the wonder of the eagle and the sparrow, the deer, the cottontail, and the squirrel. I have such happy memories of these wild things (though I think my own kids occasionally got tired of hearing about all this), and I hope your children do too!

Psalm 19 says, “1The heavens are telling of the glory of God;
            And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
      2Day to day pours forth speech,
            And night to night reveals knowledge.”

I missed a lot of the enjoyment of nature this past deer season, as I lost access to my old hunting haunts.  It was a huge loss, a huge loss. I never realized the impact of nature on me, on my thinking, on my personal peace, on my soul.

I hope that doesn’t happen again.

So take a walk in the wild- if you possibly can!  Enjoy what G^d hath done!



2 comments:

  1. Your post brought a tear to my eyes...I guess it takes someone who has held your hand in life (without touching you) to understand what you have missed this fall...All the Glory that is reveled in nature, all the prayer time, all the repentance and self-awareness conversations deep in a man's soul...In the wake of how hectic all the days our Father allows us can get...There has not been a better place for this fast mind to stop and rest than 25 feet up a good gum or poplar tree (preferably w/ a White Frost! :)...Blessings...

    ReplyDelete