Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Life Review- My Mother's Last Days

My Mom died, as she wished, peacefully and at home.

Mom, like Dad, suffered from multiple forms of cancer.  She fought a good fight, but in the end, cancer took her. But, I want to review how she arrived at the end.

In her last days, she lived in the only home the youngest 4 boys ever knew.  She had hired care-takers during the week days and nights, but weekends the boys would stay with her.  It was my opportunity to stay with her the weekend before she died.

I clearly recalled Mom calling out in the night wanting water.  I am sure among us 5 surviving boys, that she had brought us water in the night on many occasions.

When she called, I heard her clearly, and scrambled to carry her a glass of cold water.  after a few sips she thanked me and went to sleep.

Thank you L^rd that: 1) I heard her call out, and 2) That I had the Blessed opportunity to return this very small favor to my Mom who had served so much over her 84 years.

Thanks be to G^d for this Blessing, and for blessing us all with a terrific mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment