Monday, November 6, 2017

Many Hands Make Light Fun

Early this Saturday morning, a small team of almost 30 folks assembled to move 10 yards (each yard =27 cubic feet) of mulch from the trailer we hauled it in on, to the playground behind our Congregation, Grace Church.

The day before, I had gone with Ted S to pick it up from the largest sawmill I have ever seen.  What an operation!


I was really impressed at how many 18-wheelers were coming and going in just the few minutes we were there.

270 cubic feet of mulch is a LOT!  I had no idea how long it would take us to unload it and spread it on the playground, but was prepared for a sweaty day.  In fact, I went ahead and ran for 30 minutes before we began at 0700 sharp, since I'd be getting nasty anyway!

Well, by the time everyone got there, we had about 30 folks, counting kids, participating.  Everyone was enthusiastic, and as fast as we could get it unloaded, someone else had it spread, and another wheelbarrow was on its way.  We got it all unloaded and spread at under an hour!

Many hands make light work, and many hands make fun work; therefore, many hands make light fun.  No one was exhausted, though all worked hard!

And, that's WHY, or part of why, G^d put us together in a Body- His Church.

Thanks be to G^d!

1 comment:

  1. I see you're the only nekkid one there. Is that why everybody is grinning?

    ReplyDelete