Monday, March 26, 2018

Another End of an Era Thing

A few weeks ago I bought a new personal laptop to replace the 2 laptops that I must return to the U of AL. I have logged many a mile and many a word on those two oldies-but-goodies. I think the younger one is about 3 years old and the older one is about 8.

I am typing this on a new Dell latitude, a smaller version of my younger computer. I am trying to adjust to the new touch-pad which seems quite a bit more sensitive than my old one. Likewise I have new software to which I must adjust and a newer operating system. The old ones were quite familiar, but all good things must come to an end (except eternity, of course).

These two old laptops have traveled many a mile, and though they are a bit tired now, they are a bit like old friends with shared experiences. Perhaps if they could talk, they'd give this new machine some things for which to be on guard. I try to take care of my stuff, but a slip here and there seems inevitable.

The old machines have edited a lot of papers, written a lot of emails, and googled a lot of info. But, it is good to be reminded that everything on this earth will pass, except for the people. We alone are the immortals, and everyone we meet will live forever, in heaven or in hell.

That is important to remember. Everyone has one of only two eternal destinations. Sobering, but I intend it to be a motivation for us to ACT! So, don't be shy about telling your family and friends that "The bridge is out, down this road you are headed!"

That kinda info shouldn't be kept to ourselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment