Thursday, June 6, 2019

An Error in Scripture- Take a look

I never thought I would say this, but the Apostle Paul in his 2nd letter to the Corinthians, says this, "18 as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."

See what I mean?  I work with Christians, Christian Faculty particularly, but considering all of US Christianity, and I am sure this Scripture is wrong. In fact we are FIXED on what is seen, and we are not so very sure about what is unseen. We do NOT want to risk, jeopardize, or gamble on what is unseen. We are all about the "here and now", we are pretty sure of this.

Those "transient" things are the "here and now". The "sweet by and by" is too far off. We don't dare risk:

  • status,
  • reputation,
  • promotions,
  • our free time,
  • our money, or
  • our energy,


on those "unseen" things. 

I talk to people very frequently who do not DARE risk anything "seen" for the sake of those "unseen things.

So think about it.  What was the Holy Spirit thinking when he spoke in Paul's ear about those, "...unseen (things) are eternal."

Cars, houses, promotions-- those are seen things. They may NOT be eternal, but they are fun!  And fun is what it's all about.

Maybe not.
(Author's note: This is tongue firmly in cheek. I DO believe All Scripture is inspired by G^D--I just don't always act on what I know to be true. How about you?)

No comments:

Post a Comment