Thursday, June 20, 2019

Seeing the BIG Picture- Ps 73

Ps 73 is well worth the read--especially when we are despairing. One section says this,
"Nevertheless, I am continually with you;
    you hold my right hand.
24 You guide me with your counsel,
    and afterward you will receive me to glory.
25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And there is nothing on earth that I desire besides you.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

The "You" here is G^d, Jehovah. this is nearing the conclusion of the Psalm and part of the point of this Psalm is that we can only see what is in our LIMITED field of vision. G^d is at work on a Grander Story on a grander stage than our limited lives. We are likely to NOT understand all that G^d is doing--after all, He is G^d and we mere mortals--why should we expect to understand?

So, if there seem to be injustices, if things seem to be going swimmingly for the pagans and poorly for the Followers of Jesus, just be patient.  After all for Believers, "Our biggest problem has already been solved!"

No comments:

Post a Comment