Monday, July 29, 2019

It's NOT What you Know...

You have probably heard the old saying, "It's NOT what you know, it's WHO you know!"

There is a LOT of truth in those words. In fact, many of my former students wanted to become strength coaches, and I repeated that cliche. I told them to get out and do some interning, or volunteering, or something to MEET some coaches, so they would KNOW someone.

I was attending a Men's conference this past weekend, and one of the speakers alluded to the infinite value of KNOWING G^d. In the Christian view of heaven, Knowing the Christ is the ONLY qualification to get in. The very fact that G^D wants to know us, to be in relationship with us lowly, sinful humans that many find so difficult to grasp. My Muslim friends cannot imagine a personal relationship with Allah, or that G^d could become Man and DIE on a cross for you and for me. And, indeed, it is a challenge to grasp.

But, once again, it's NOT your knowledge of Scripture, or your good deeds, or your winsome nature, it is INDEED WHO you know that counts. You can't make this stuff up. I am a BIG time skeptic and yet this truth makes me realize that mankind didn't invent this story, it has to be from someone beyond us--from G^d.

Thanks be to G^D that HE, for whatever reason, loved us lowly sinners enough to DIE for us. It is WHO you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment