Monday, February 17, 2020

Life Review: My Spurned Kiss

Anyone who knows my sweet, sweet wife is aware that she does NOT like public attention. She is a big-time INTROVERT who states adamantly that she does NOT want to be in front of people--ever.

Many years ago, prob in the mid-late 90's Brenda and I completed a multi-week marriage seminar put on, in part, but our dear friends, the Drs. Griffiths, along with William and Beverly Scroggins. We finished the course and were asked to go up on the church podium one Sunday morning to give our endorsement to this excellent class. I immediately agreed, because I LOVE being the center of attention, and am always happy to speak, give communion, teach Sunday School, or whatever. Brenda declined without hesitation. As I said, she is shy.

I was asked to sit on the front row to speed the process. Right before I was due to go up and speak, Brenda appeared at my side. I was thrilled to have her alongside me. We went up to the podium and she said a few words. It occurred to me that a picture is worth a thousand words, so I could best illustrate the value of the class by sweeping my beautiful wife off her feet and planting a kiss on her lips.

With this in mind, I took her in my arms, leaned her back...whereupon she fought me off! The audience response was terrific--maybe the best of my speaking career.

So, I would have loved a kiss, I did enjoy the laughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment