Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Life Review: Wedding Postponement!

 One of the most difficult events Brenda has endured was the postponement of our wedding. We had originally set our wedding for 9 June, 1972--immediately after arriving back home from my USNA graduation. Some days before--maybe April--G^d had spoken to me about moving our wedding back some. I didn't now immediately what day, so didn't know how long the postponement might be. When Brendy heard the news, she didn't know if I was talking days, months or years!

I am pleasantly surprised that I was listening to the L^rd and more surprised I was obedient. At some time, we learned that my mother was going into the hospital for some surgery about the original date of our wedding. Had we stuck with the original date, my mom would NOT have been able to attend our wedding.

Thanks be to G^d that almost 49 years later, we look back at that traumatic change and re-enjoy that G^d's plan was once again so much better than ours.

Praise be to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment