Sunday, May 2, 2021

TV ads about what???

 I just, on broadcast TV, watched 4 consecutive ads about what...prescription drugs. Yes I did. And I didn't mention the "Claritin" or "Prevagen" OTC ads.

Why is that blog worthy? Well, I have NO interest in Ozempic, Trulicity, etc. I suspect most folks don't. But these ads cost a lot of money, so the markup must be impressive.

I also note a LOT of ads for legal services.

Stephen L Klimjack, Mike Slocum, Alexander Shunnarah, Morgan and Morgan, Morris Bart...and others. Some of these are pretty good, other's not so good (Mike Slocum may take the prize for the worst).

The fact that I can rattle off their names should tell us something. Alex S spends millions of dollars on billboards, as well as tv ads. What does that tell us? The law business must pay off pretty richly to pay for all these ads.

At least you don't need a doctor's prescription to buy legal services. I am guessing that millions of patients ask their docs for some of these advertised drugs by name. Sad that patients do this for trained professionals--but it obviously happens for the prescription drugs. Law requires that they mention side effects, and some of these sounds pretty serious.

I have mentioned before how crazy the ads are for car insurance.

So, let us all learn a little lesson. Folks buying tv ads are making a ton of money. If they are making a ton of money, we are supplying it to them. It might be a good idea to largely avoid any drug or service that advertises on tv--it's our money paying for tv rather than quality.

Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment