Sunday, May 9, 2021

Tired!

 Whew, I have experienced new levels of fatigue that I don't recall before. And, before you ask me if I am sick, heat as to why. Monday, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays I have volunteered to help out a friend at a local BW motel that was flooded back in July 2020. I do some backbreaking work including moving very heavy stuff and hauling commodes out of bathtubs singlehandedly. I walk a few miles going for tools, hauling boxes to the dumpster and others.

Wednesdays I am up for a campus-focused prayer that begins at 0730. At 1000 I have a meeting with some friends. At 1145 is our UA Christian Faculty and Staff meeting. At 2 PM we have our nationwide FC prayer time and at 2:30 I and Brenda lead a study for Christian Graduate students. At 6:30 we have shepherding group. So every day is full.

Three days each week, when we can, Andrew and I run 4.97 miles in our neighborhood. There is a good mix of hills and flat, and we enjoy it--but it's tiring on top of everything else.

I am not getting any younger. As a late-20's, early 30's, youngster I trained by running 106 miles per week and competed in 26.2, 50- and 100-mile footraces. I would be tired, obviously, but I don't recall feeling this tired except maybe at the very end of the race.

But I make up for the fatigue with about 9 hours of sleep per night. The only drawback to sleep is, on the hardest days, I often cramp right AFTER I fall asleep.  Go figure. I would not have expected that. Once my muscles are in the relaxation of sleep, I would think that there would be no trigger for cramping, but i am wrong--again.

Well being very tired gives me a whole new appreciation for rest. And, it's not likely that this will change this side of heaven. Another of the joys of an aging body.

Thank you L^rd that you allowed me to see this old age. Many of my friends didn't make it this far.

Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment