Monday, March 2, 2020

What we will LEAVE behind in Heaven

I think about how MUCH of my time and energy are devoted to things with NO lasting power. Most of the stuff I spend time on will be forgotten in a few weeks, months, and at most, years. We are anxious to make another $1, to plant flowers, mow the grass, build this or that. And yet... all these will perish, maybe sooner, maybe later.

I have mentioned before, Matt 6:19-21, wherein Jesus tells us to "Lay NOT up treasures on earth"...but instead to, "Lay up treasures in heaven...".  Hmm, sounds like a great plan, but why do I forget it so quickly? I blame it on the "Here and now", because it's here, and it's now. Heaven is again, "The sweet by-and-by".

I stay very busy with exercise, hunting, writing, speaking, traveling, fellowshipping. Some of these may sound kind of glamorous. And, I do admit they can be fun (though tiring). BUT, these will soon be washed away by the rain, just as the house built upon the sand. BUT, if I build on the rock, the house will endure (Matt 7:24-27). And, we build on THE ROCK by obedience,  24“Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock." 

So, I am askign the L^rd to direct my steps, to capture my time, energy, resources for His use and glory, not for my temporal pleasure. 

May G^d make it so.

No comments:

Post a Comment