Monday, August 4, 2014

Some Things this Blog has Taught me

Dear Reader, you teach me a lot. You are part of a small group.  Most days I have 10-12 people visit the blog, on occasion it spikes to 50+.  It would be discouraging to write, except that you 10-12 people are special people!  Plus my main readership is Brenda and me, and we want a record of these days, for some unknown reason.

When I post on FaceBook that there is a new blog post, the readership spikes upwards.  I am tempted on occasion to do this, but try to fight it, as I suffer from ego-centricity already.  So, I know that advertising pays- and I also know that I don't need to feed my ego.  Thanks readers.

I would expect readership to max out on weekends, but such is usually NOT the case, which is why I mostly post during the week.  I am guessing that a lot of readers get a bit bored on the job and thus have time/inclination during the week.  More people are likely to have their computer on during the week too.  Live and learn.

I am sometimes surprised at the lack of comments.  I find it very hard to resist commenting on many of the blogs I read and FB posts I see.  Most of you resist this urge, or perhaps the urge is absent.  If ind that surprising, but not so much anymore.

Perhaps the biggest thing I have learned is that it is very hard to write interesting stuff.  I write a lot, but most of it is pretty uninteresting.  I am sure that is true, but not entirely sure why. 

Dirty Harry was right, " A man's just got to know his limitations".  Writing interesting stuff is not my forte, writing a LOT of stuff is.

Thanks for reading, dear reader.  I appreciate you.

5 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading your blog. I especially love it when you post pictures. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. People rarely comment on my blog - if they want to say something about it, they usually post it on facebook! I think it's because they don't want to sign up to be able to post...it's aggravating for them. I've had as high as 100+ in a day, and as little as 4. No rhyme nor reason. Go figure. I just plug on because I need the practice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoy your blog. It is on my list of sites to visit when I'm not feeling pressure to get work done. Usually 3-4 times a week I make it over to read. I try to not post comments too often because I get afraid I'll write something so brilliant it detracts from the blog post. Man, I sure don't want to be "that guy". What a jerk.

    Seriously, your post almost always provoke my thinking and often end up finding its way into a conversation Tina and I are having. Please keep it up.

    I like pictures, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoy your thoughtful posts and am always hoping for a reference to Mongolia. ;) But I hate signing in to comment, so sometimes I'd rather not comment at all.

    ReplyDelete