Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Ole Miss Road Trip> Last Post

The highly popular Dallas preacher Tony Evans tells about being the team chaplain for the Dallas Cowboys professional football team.  Tony tells about being given access to the special places in Cowboy's Stadium, and how anyone with him, had the same access.

I experienced that very thing on this road trip.  I was on the sidelines for two hours prior to the kickoff.  The referees were right there.  The players were right there.  Every member of the support staff for UA was right there on the sidelines.

At one point as I moved around snapping pictures here and there, I was accosted by a paid security person.

"Where's your credentials?"

"I don't have any credentials.  I am a guest of the team."

"Everybody has to have credentials, I don't care who you are."

"Sure.  Talk to my sponsor.  Follow me."

I led him over to Jon Dever.  Jon didn't have credentials either, but for whatever reason, the security guy backed off and left us to our own devices.

Go figure.
 I could be on the sidelines, not because of any merit of my own, but by the grace of my sponsor.

When I get to heaven, I'm going to proudly point to the Christ, and say,
"I'm with Him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment