Monday, June 15, 2015

Giving Devotions




One of the things that I get called upon to do on these student mission trips is to give a few talks. Last year I was able to come up with a few last-minute devotions, but I will be more intently connected with the students this year, and anticipate more opportunities.  When the pressure is off, the ideas are manifold.  When the pressure is on, G^d comes through, but it can be a bit nerve-wracking.

Well, it turns out that I had NO opportunities to share, for a variety of reasons, but I had some GREAT small-group conversations.  These students were a sharp bunch with some sharp questions.  They asked, and commented about all sorts of things.  

So, although I gave no formal talks, I got to talk one-on-one and in small groups with a bunch of them.  Some of the topics I had prepared came in handy in these chats. 

And, I learned a lot…which really is the point.

I like to speak, because I like to learn.  I learn the most in prepping to teach someone else. I hear from G^d in these instances, as I have mentioned herein.

So thanks to students for asking good questions and for indulging the perspectives of this old, old professor.



No comments:

Post a Comment