Monday, December 19, 2016

To Whom Much is Given...

 We, or at least I, take a LOT for granted.  In the USA we have freedom, plenty of educational opportunities, plenty of economic opportunities.  And, as a Latino, I add, with very little regard to race, creed or religion.

We, as Americans have been given very much, the above freedoms a major part of this.  and, I think about the Scripture, Lk 12:48, "And to whomsoever much is given, of him shall much be required: and to whom they commit much, of him will they ask the more."

We have resources lacking in much of the world.
  • We have access to information.
  • We have travel opportunities.
  • We have opportunities to earn a good bit of money.

So what are we, what am I, doing with the MUCH that has been given us.  The great temptation is to use what we have for our own isolated pleasure.  We earned it, we deserve to ENJOY it.

But, what have I that has NOT be given me by G^d??  

To whom much is given... that would be me.

Much will be required of me.  What shall I do with that which I have been given.  I have to ask myself that over and over.

How about you and the MUCH you have been given??

No comments:

Post a Comment