Monday, February 19, 2018

On the Road Again

Brenda and I have made a LOT of road trips in our 45.5 years of marriage.  Our latest was a trip to Dallas for our Cru Faculty Ministry mid-year conference. For the last 3 years I have been invited out, usually to give a short talk or two.  In fact, last year at this very conference it dawned on me that we needed to go ahead and retire and go on staff.

This year I begged for a chance to speak to the folks being recruited to join us on Faculty Ministry.  I am very passionate about faculty ministry, because faculty have such a great opportunity to impact so very many for Christ. One of my points, that I hoped to make was, "If you really have a heart to reach college students for Christ, then you should really devote time to engaging faculty in ministry. If a faculty member teaches 30 years, and has 200 students total per year (some have a lot more), they have the opportunity to impact 6000 students! And many of those students would NOT choose to participate in Cru student ministry!"  I also talked about other aspects of faculty ministry such as participation with student mission trips.

G^d has given ALL of us many opportunities to serve Him, most of which I miss. I miss these because of: fear, busyness, distraction, and lack of role models.  And that is too bad.  I could be laying up treasures in heaven, if I weren't so occupied with the "here-and-now".

How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment