Friday, February 2, 2018

Running into Folks

On a recent airplane I turned around and saw one of the U of A football coaches sitting two rows back of me.  I introduced myself and we chatted for a couple of minutes whilst waiting to deplane.  This was a flight out of BHM, so it was no big surprise to see him.  Upon arrival back to BHM from that same trip I ran into a young man and his wife who I have known for many years.  Again, it was not so strange to see folks, only about 60 miles from home.

But over the years I have run into some folks far away from anywhere familiar.  Last year coming back from Honduras, I ran into one of my friends from Liberty U in the Miami Airport.  Many years ago, probably over 20, I found myself seated in the very back of an airplane with a famous guy who I didn't recognize.  I think his handlers were a bit chagrined that I didn't.  They somehow clued me in that I was sitting with Tony Robbins who is a National star in the motivation/success speaking/writing business. On another occasion, I caught on that I was flying with a famous Baltimore Orioles a few years after his retirement.  I believe it was the great Brooks Robinson.

I have run into a few other folks in odd places, which I have mentioned in posts before.  It's kinda neat, kind of interesting, but not a super big deal...

One of these days, we'll consort with Moses, and David, and Sampson (yeah check it out in Hebrews 11), and Paul, and Timothy, and Peter, and... well lots of folks.  But those of us who have trusted in Jesus the Christ, will be eternally with the G^d of the Universe, and with our L^rd Jesus Christ.  Now, that will be a BIG deal!

1 comment: