Thursday, September 20, 2018

Leadership- Maybe a Lost Skill??

I just ran across this list of "9 Essential skills of leaders". Leadership seems in short supply, so I thought I would preserve them here:
  • Listening
  • Questioning
  • Giving feedback
  • Showing empathy
  • Providing structure
  • Assisting with goal-setting
  • Recognizing and pointing out strengths
  • Encouraging a solution-focused approach
  • Letting the other person arrive at his or her own solution.        

  • I see minimal leadership these days, with management taking the lead.  We manage resources, but we lead people. One sage said, "If you are leading but no one is following, you're really just taking a walk!"  I am sure that there is leadership going on somewhere. I think our church congregation might have some leadership going, and I am not wanting to be critical.  We lead from the front, and by example, and leadership involves putting those we are leading first.

    So how's your leadership going?

    1 comment:

    1. Love your post; there are many people who are skilled at influencing others...certain people groups come to mind...Although I will refrain from listing them, I don't want to offend anyone...(IMO) Good leaders come out of the fire of life's trials. Many good leader's don't really have to do much talking...You can find them dragging their wounded into fox holes, and you can even find them hanging on a cross...I think you are a fine leader brother...Your list convicted me right off...Bullet point #1..A good listener!...But, all is not lost!..The lord has helped me, finally figured out my struggles w/ listening...Sadly, I have to much to say!

      ReplyDelete