Monday, September 24, 2018

My Body...My Autonomy! NOT Usually

Most pro-abortion/pro-choice advocates have some mantra like, "My Body, My Choice!"

I understand the sentiment, but that is NOT a universal truth.  My body is NOT free to do a LOT of things, and you all agree to these restrictions--especially restricting me:

  • I cannot walk around nude,
  • I cannot, and you cannot, expose certain parts of my/your body, even while otherwise dressed,
  • Jay-walk,
  • Use dangerous weapons in inappropriate places,
  • Drive vehicles illegally,
  • Commit prostitution...


That's probably a good place to stop! But we do NOT have the freedom to do with OUR bodies whatever we choose. But, in the issue of abortion, we make all sorts of exceptions. Our abortion rates are staggering, and yet we continue.

L^rd have mercy, Christ have mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment