Thursday, June 16, 2022

A Great Helpmeet for 50 years

 On Monday, 19 June, if I don't die from working in this heat before then, we will celebrate 50 years of wedded bliss. Well, if we are talking about bliss, then only 46 years of bliss for me, and only about 40 for Brenda.  I am kidding. G^d blessed me with a great wife, mother, helpmeet, and friend. She is all of those.

She has helped me in raising 5 kids--or maybe I helped her would be a lot more accurate. She has helped me of late with Wordle puzzles, and just yesterday she ran the wood-splitter with me. We have painted together and put up--dare I say it--wallpaper together.

G^d has blessed us with many trips together--at home and abroad. These experiences have been gifts from G^d. Most of you are familiar with the woman of Prov. 31. This is my Brendie. She is a sweetie and excels in her roles, as varied as they are.

I thank G^d for our 50 years together. It has been a bit tough at times, but our life experience tells us a lot of our friends have had it much rougher.

Most marriages these days don't last 50 years. We recognize that this is a special milestone--and not our accomplishment but G^ds.

Thanks be to G^d for a wonderful helpmeet these 50 years.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment