Sunday, June 19, 2022

Another Wood Story

 It is 13 June, and the hottest day of the year so far. So you can guess what I am doing, right? Yes, I am running a wood splitter. I would have gotten this done a month or more back, but a friend had the splitter tied up and I have just gotten access.

As you might imagine, I am sweating big time. I spent about 45 min earlier setting everything up, and now about an hour splitting all the close logs and stacking the split ones to get them out of the way. This wood is making me warm...and it will again when I burn it. I expect heavy cramping tonight right after I fall asleep--so I will try to take preventive measures.

It is rewarding work. You can SEE the progress you are making. You are accomplishing something. Much of my life has spent doing things that you cannot see so well. I taught, and though my students seemed to learn, there really wasn't much to see. Same with ministry and even raising our family.

Yes, there is some reward in seeing something done. I will take on faith, that there is something being done in those areas I cannot see.

How about you? Visible or invisible accomplishments?

No comments:

Post a Comment