Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Fruit of the Spirit

 When were at the beach two weeks back, we did a devotional every morning. One of the ladies, Melissa, gave a devo on the Fruit of the Spirit from Gal 5:22-23. For some reason I have struggled with memorizing these, but she shared a simple thing that made it easy.

The first three fruit are ONE syllable: Love, Joy, Peace.

The next three fruit are TWO syllables: Patience, Kindness, Goodness.

The last three fruit are THREE syllables: Gentleness, Faithfulness, and Self-control.

I am not sure why this simple association makes it easy to recall all 9, but it does for me. I shall start looking for more tactics to improve my Scripture memory. Heretofore, the only time I seem to be able to memorize Scriptures is when I am teaching them. Or occasionally when they strike me, like Matt 5:10-12.

I may get around to doing a teaching on the Fruit. Starting with the first three--the simplest, yet perhaps the building blocks for the next 3. These first 6 may enable us to practice what follows--Gentleness, Faithfulness, and Self-control.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment