Sunday, June 12, 2022

Books Read Recently

Summer and hunting season are my two times per year to read. I just finished two books this past week. First I read an old, old book, from about 1920 on Jesus the Master Teacher. It was a bit hard to follow in a few places, but a worthwhile read. My personal goal is to become more like Jesus, so I want to read as much as I can about Him. The second book I HIGHLY recommend. It is Prof George Yancey’s book, , Beyond Racial Division. Dr. Yancey shows the flaws in current approaches and suggests a new, logical means for building harmony. The book is clearly written and worth your time.

I read Brian Gadawa’s Hollywood Worldviews a couple of weeks back. I enjoyed the book and was surprised to see some few movies I have seen described in ways I had not appreciated. His analysis seems very good and is a worthwhile read especially for movie lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment