Thursday, November 8, 2018

Deferring to G^d!


I am currently in the process of writing a trade book with an MD colleague, Dr.Walt Larimore.  This will Dr. Larimore's 33rd book, I think.  Needless to say, I often defer to Walt, due to his superior knowledge and experience.  It only seems prudent.  I imagine most of you readers would do the same.

Which has gotten me thinking...

We, oft times, fail to defer to G^d!  Now, I won't go into G^d's superior experience, knowledge, and wisdom than mine, or ours. I trust that is obvious to us all. So, why don't I defer to Him, ALL the time?  Would seem prudent.

Maybe you are better at deferring than I am. I fail to defer to G^d whenever I sin. But, too I also fail to defer when I "go my own way" even though what I am doing isn't strictly sinful. I spend a LOT of the time G^d has given me in foolish, wasteful ways. I fail to pray, to seek G^d's direction when I am making a big decision, or, true enough, even for a small one!

How about you? "So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin." (Ja 4:17)  We know what is right, and yet we fail.

How about some little things?  Do I keep the Sabbath?  Do I fast and pray?  Do I honor G^d in all.

L^rd help me to defer to YOU O G^d, more than to any man.  Make it so!


No comments:

Post a Comment