Monday, November 19, 2018

Thanks for Thanksgiving



We, in the USA have MUCH for which to be thankful, and I personally have a LOT for which to give thanks. I look back at my career and realize how Blessed I was to teach during the era I taught, with the students and faculty I met. We have a very nice retirement, and I thank the L^rd for that too.

We have 4 wonderful children, and 80% success is pretty good! Just kidding, we have 5 wonderful children. The 80% who are married have great spouses and wonderful grandchildren. All of these are healthy and functional. What a Blessing!

Brenda and I both marvel at the world traveling we have enjoyed. How many people have lived in 2 countries outside the USA? We enjoyed greatly our times living in GA, FL, VA (2 cities), RI, MD (2 cities),, NY, and TX (2 cities). We have enjoyed our longest stretch in AL. Thank you G^d.

We both enjoy excellent health, even for our age. We are free, as far as we know, from chronic disease, and not on medications, except for one small one. In general we feel good and get to exercise a couple of times a week. Health is a gift from G^d.

As retirees we have lot of freedom. Our work with Cru Faculty Ministry gives us a lot to do. We are Blessed to be missionaries. We are blessed with many friendships. We are blessed with the opportunity to publish a trade book on Christian wellness, and to see the release of the second edition of the text book. We are Blessed to live peaceably and with good neighbors. Thank you L^rd!

Most of all I am thankful for my dear sweet wife, a true Blessing from G^d! Everyone who knows her loves her, and I have the great privilege of living life with her. She is a true Proverbs 31 woman and I am MOST thankful to G^d for her!

Yes, we have much for which to thank the dear L^rd, much indeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment